Skip to main content
Facebook Twitter Email Subscribe to eNews
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

TheJuZShoW
Senior Contributor

Lil Update

Today I get a referral to see a psychologist. I am a bit better. But not out of the woods. I was on a website that caused a bit of anxiety and have vowed not to do things that are seemly toxic to me. 

Good new is that I am 3 days off the alcohol and last night I finally started to sleep ok.  Got alot to do to day so that'll stop me from going crazy.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Lil Update

that's really great to hear. I think it shows how strong you are that you were able to realise that the site was causing anxiety and are taking steps to protect yourself from that 🙂 and 3 days sober is fantastic, you may have your ups and downs but we believe that you can do it.
When starting with a new psychologist, always remember that you have the power in that relationship, never be afraid to say after a couple or even just one session that you are not meshing with this person and would like to try someone else, the psychologist won't (or shouldnt) be offended; and if their approach isn't working just tell them, maybe they can try a different approach that would work for you better or recommend a different kind of therapy (there's not just one, CBT is the most common, but there is also DBT, psychodynamic, schema etc. - so if one doesn't work don't lose hope and many psychologists use a combination). And take it as slow or as fast as you feel comfortable with.  I wish you all the best.

Re: Lil Update

Hello @TheJuZShoW

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your recent update. It is incredibly inspiring to witness others take big steps in their own recovery. 

I have been in recovery from alcohol abuse for 9 years. I would like to acknowledge how amazing it is that you have 3 days sobriety up, that is an incredible achievement. Sobriety has been challenging however the best thing that ever happened to me. I now experience true joy and connection in life. It is not easy but it is worth it.

I am wishing you all the best with the new psychologist and the new chapter ahead!

ButterflyBeauty 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Tandem respectfully acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands and waters of Australia. Tandem is committed to working in partnership with Aboriginal communities to support the principles of self-determination, and ensure the voices of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander carers in Victoria are heard and considered.