Skip to main content
Facebook Twitter Email Subscribe to eNews
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

mrkibbles
Contributor

Hi everyone

Um I’m not sure what to say.. 

I’m 27 and I’m really struggling at the moment, I have ASD, OCD and Anxiety, my OCD is really bad at the moment and I feel trapped with my thoughts and I can’t do anything without having intrusive thoughts.

My dog died recently and he would always get me out of the house to walk him and get fresh air but I can’t leave the house anymore 

18 REPLIES 18

Re: Hi everyone

I'm so sorry to hear that things have been so challenging for you @mrkibbles 

Please know you are not alone. 

Do you have supports you can turn to? For example, friends, family, therapist?

Thank you @tyme,

I have family and a psychologist but I feel so alone in my struggles

@mrkibbles , I’m sorry for your loss and that you’re struggling right now. Grief is a painful journey and you are healing as the days pass. What can you do tonight to keep yourself feeling safe?

Thank you @Parzival i’m going to try and watch a movie tonight to distract myself, it usually helps

Hey @mrkibbles welcome to the forums,

Firstly I am so very sorry for your loss, our fury friends can be just like family so it's such a heart breaking thing to have to say goodbye. With your ASD, OCD and anxiety and now having grief and isolation on top of that, it is no wonder you're struggling, that is a lot. 

I'm sorry you're feeling really alone in everything. I promise you you're not although I don't doubt it feels that way, I've felt that before too. 

Do you think you could reach out to someone? if not someone you know maybe you could try the SANE phone service and talk to one of the peer workers here? Either way the forums are always good for a chat and connecting with others so hopefully that will help too

Hi @MermaidHair thank you for welcoming me, I’ve been talking to beyond blue and lifeline last night and tonight while I’m going through a rough time

@mrkibbles oh that is good, I'm glad to hear you're reaching out, and doing so by being on here too! If you have a look around you'll find a lot of fun chats and discussions on here as well, they could offer a good distraction.

I hope things get better soon but grief doesn't have a timeline so in the meantime try be kind to yourself 🙏 You're definitely not alone. 

Thank you so much 😊 @MermaidHair 

Hi @mrkibbles , welcome... I'm sorry to hear about your troubles 😢

I have OCD too - mine takes the form of germophobia. What form does yours take? 

I also have agoraphobia too. I can leave the house but not go too far or stay out too long. 

Is your psychologist helping with the OCD and agoraphobia? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Tandem respectfully acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands and waters of Australia. Tandem is committed to working in partnership with Aboriginal communities to support the principles of self-determination, and ensure the voices of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander carers in Victoria are heard and considered.