Skip to main content
Facebook Twitter Email Subscribe to eNews
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Hi everyone

Hi @NatureLover sorry to hear about your ocd, it is horrible to have, I’m not sure what it’s called it but I have intrusive thoughts and have to do things over and over to get relief.

She doesn’t know about the agoraphobia yet, I’ve only seen her 3 times and I have a lot of issues 😞

Hi @mrkibbles , does your OCD take the form of checking - checking everything repeatedly (like the stove, the doors etc)?

Or is it counting -  counting a certain number of times, like you have to touch the door a certain number of times every time you go through it to make sure notning bad happens? 

Either of these can be incredibly debilitating. OCD is really tough to have, I know. 

@NatureLover it’s counting, my number is 4 so I have to do things in 4 like twist bottle caps on, counting while getting dressed, if I’m on my phone I have to swipe the screen 4 times before turning it off.. the list goes on 😕

@mrkibbles  I understand. I have a little of the counting and checking things myself. But my germophobia OCD is much worse. 

OCD is so time consuming, as well as taking up so much room in our heads 😥

I know it’s horrible 😔 @NatureLover 

I’m working with my psychologist with cbt combined with my medication, 

I hope you have a nice weekend ☺️

Hey there @mrkibbles 🌺🙂

I’m so sorry you’ve lost your furry companion, and you’re living with some really challenging stuff which has become more acute since then😔

Along with our other SANE forum members, I just wanted to kindly say you’re not alone in your path of building resilience and recovery 🌺🙂

I hope you’re doing ok today, and can find something to do that brings a little bit of softness to your day ☺️

Thank you so much @PinkFlamingo 

I teared up reading this, you’re so kind for saying this ☺️☺️

I watching a movie currently and it’s a good distraction

No worries at all @mrkibbles 🌺🙂

We are all here for each other, and these forums are a really nice soft landing, with kindness and understanding 🙂🌺

Tag me anytime you’d like a chat 🦩🌺

I’m also watching TV, and it’s a good distraction here too 🙂 📺 

hoping you have a good afternoon 🌺

Thank you, you too 😊 @PinkFlamingo 

@mrkibbles just joining your thread and reading all the supportive comments.

Checking in to ask how you've been doing this past month? 

It occurred to me when I read that you count to 4 to get through your daily activities, that I have benefited from drumming. It can be a great way to calm the breath and slow down racing thoughts and agitation.

The number 4 is a certainly ideal starting rhythm for drumming!

If you can't get your hands on a djembe then you could experiment with tapping four beat rhythms on tabletops, pots and pans. If you would like some more ideas, I am happy to chat.

https://www.how2drum.com/how-2-drum/what-are-scientifically-proven-reasons-why-my-child-should-learn...

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Tandem respectfully acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands and waters of Australia. Tandem is committed to working in partnership with Aboriginal communities to support the principles of self-determination, and ensure the voices of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander carers in Victoria are heard and considered.