Skip to main content
Facebook Twitter Email Subscribe to eNews
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Grief and Loss // Tues 3rd August, 7:00-8:30PM AEST

@amandaGL @Daisydreamer I tend to shutdown to any emotions - my way of coping ...that has been the case since finding my grandfather many years ago. The pain is just too much.

@amandaGL , @Daisydreamer , my dad was Very sudden , the police had to come and tell me 

Lost my house in a fire 8 months a go 

My mum has undiagnosed dementia 

Just to name a couple of things 

@Adge Heart

Welcome @Arizona and glad you could pop in here and share with us Heart We completely understand that tonight might not be the night, and hoping you have something lined up to support your wellbeing this evening Heart 

It sounds like gratitude practice has been a key point in your healing journey @Former-Member Heart

Good to see you here @Adge 

Lost memories are a source of grief and is losing your job - I get that - I understand

Also - isn't the pandemic and the freedoms that have been curtailed and sometimes lost - and the time lost - a cause for grief

Hi @Eve7 , it sounds like you've had an overwhelming amount of grief in your life - and particularly in that year.  I agree with you - the grief will always be with you, we grow around it.  I am so glad to hear that you have reached a place where you are not crying every day....and managing to string together some good moments.  I can hear the hope in your words - looking to find happiness again which is wonderful.  

We are currently working on a campaign around 'Life After Loss' - I have spoken to some amazing people from across Australia who also have tragic stories of loss and who are turning their life around, finding a way to grow from the tragedy.  It is so inspiring.  One of them talks about 'growing wings from her wounds'. 

Also too @amandaGL , @Daisydreamer 

There are reminders -- little ones is all it takes to start the tears again 

This topic is really informative and wonderful in that there's so much to relate to even thought it's a hard at first to be open with others. Thank you everyone for kind words and sending big hugs, positive vibes and kind thoughts your way. No matter what the loss is and when it happened, i agree we all go through it differently and takes some time to come to terms with. x I have to leave a little early tonight sorry but i will try and make it to more events and discussions when i can it gets pretty busy throughout the week at home and i can't always be online. Cheers.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Tandem respectfully acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands and waters of Australia. Tandem is committed to working in partnership with Aboriginal communities to support the principles of self-determination, and ensure the voices of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander carers in Victoria are heard and considered.