Skip to main content
Facebook Twitter Email Subscribe to eNews
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Stuck and can’t escape it.

@Fluttershy1 🫂💖. Sitting with you

Hey there @Fluttershy1 💜

Its really, really overwhelming - I can totally understand where youre at xx

Just want to kindly reassure you that when this happened to me the first time, I was in this place you are currently in, for some time, before I could really sort out getting in touch with supports. I was lucky though, I had a nice GP at the time, who was really helpful in saying the right things, checking my recovery with blood tests, and making sure I was healing ok. 

Please dont think this is something that isn't part of the process, because it is, sweetheart... as hard as it is, its a process we go through xx

Being stuck for a while does happen, but please dont feel bad for it happening xx

And the grief your feeling is a normal part of what has happened 💜

Go gently, keep breathing, eating and hydrating, and know we are here holding space and sitting with you in this really difficult place xx

Reach out to grief supports as @tyme  kindly mentioned, and Pink Elephants when youre ready xx

Gentle hugs for you dearest 🌺

Thanks @creative_writer - it means a lot.

@PinkFlamingo - it’s scary & overwhelming, I’m finding it quite hard to regulate, plus my POTS isn’t playing nice, I passed out in the shopping centre which was quite scary but I’m ok. I’m safe 

Oh, I’m so sorry to hear that @Fluttershy1 💜🌺

this POTS is just a very troublesome and very hard to control thing isn’t it 😔

I wish there was something to help control the symptoms for you 💜

I hope you had someone with you to support you, at the shopping centre? 🌺

And it’s very understandable to be feeling overwhelm, fear, and finding it hard to regulate sweets - the body and hormonal adjustment alone takes time, as well as the emotions around what you’ve sadly experienced needing their own time and space to heal 💜

gently, I know it’s a hard road, but take one day at a time, and always remember we are here, holding space and sitting with you where you’re at 💜🌺

Please forgive me for these late replies…I am a little more tired at times - however do always remember I will always reply to you 💜🌺🫂🙂

Hi @PinkFlamingo @creative_writer @tyme @Snowie @Jynx @Patches59 - hope your all well, I feel like I can’t escape any of my emotions they are intense and crazy, triage are being quite dismissive of how I am presenting, I’m safe but I’m really struggling. Am safe 

You might not be able to escape them @Fluttershy1 Sometimes we need to accept them. Acknowledge that you are having these feelings and tell yourself that it is ok to feel this way.

Fighting against something can have such a profound effect on us.

Just a thought.

@Fluttershy1 sorry to hear it’s hard for you to reach out for the extra support you need, it shouldn’t be this hard to access support, but unfortunately, consumers often end up having to advocate for themselves. It sounds really exhausting. Sitting with you 💖🫂

@Snowie - it’s such a overwhelming feeling, I just wanna run and hide, I can’t even get help from the MH team, I feel so broken, I’m safe 

@creative_writer - it really shouldn’t be this hard, it’s so broken and messed up, I don’t even know how to feel, I feel like a burden. I’m safe though 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Tandem respectfully acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands and waters of Australia. Tandem is committed to working in partnership with Aboriginal communities to support the principles of self-determination, and ensure the voices of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander carers in Victoria are heard and considered.