Skip to main content
Facebook Twitter Email Subscribe to eNews
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Not Coping

@Birdofparadise8 on CALD communities
Jynx
Peer Support Worker

@Birdofparadise8 nah, all my dancing has been learned via doofing and gigs haha. Being in a crowd means being able to soak up and bounce off the energy of the people around you. I never used to dance, I used to think I 'had to be good at it'. Definitely changed once I started listening to psytrance and going to psy events. 

Do you get time alone in the house much? Whenever I am home alone (before I lived alone anyway) I would always use those times to chuck on some loud music, and belt out some choice tunes!

Got the video, but unfortunately you can't see the number plate of the other car, so now I gotta see if the police might be able to track this person down somehow. Ugh, such a headache. 

Ah okay. I'm not much of a party person myself, like the night clubs. Have you ever liked ballet? I did it in tas, and you can learn as an adult you don't "have to to be good at it" Where I went, there was an old lady class, and I think someone was 80 years old doing ballet, so anyone can do it. 

Oh, no, about the car. I hope the police can help. Would it cost a lot to fix? @Jynx 

Do you find that topic interesting @creative_writer

Yeah still ride @Birdofparadise8 and my kids do too

There is a good track near Hobart it's one of the best in the world or Australia @ArraDreaming 

Have you ever been there? 

@Birdofparadise8 we all chose our own topics, so I am interested, it’s just a lot of work
Jynx
Peer Support Worker

I feel very neutral towards ballet @Birdofparadise8 - as in, I find it to be a very impressive and intriguing style of dance, but I don't think I'd ever do it. I like the lack of structure and the freedom of being able to wiggle my bod in whatever way feels good, and ballet is one that has a highly rigid and technical style. Have you found any ballet classes up in Naarm that you could attend? 

Insurance is covering the repairs, it'll probably be the front panel and the front passener door need to be replaced. I imagine it would have cost a LOT more than the cost of the excess. 

Ah, okay, that makes sense @Jynx 

No, it's not yet hard to fit into my schedule. 

That's good; the insurance covers it. 

That's good @creative_writer 

I did some studying and, went for a walk, and came home, and I didn't feel good. I'm trying to work on feeling my feelings when they come up, and it was something my psych brought up today and how I repress anger, frustration, etc. Which can then lead to depression, or, well, that's his hypothesis at the moment, so I'm going with it. It's hard, though. I do and don't want to cry, but only so much distraction can help. I feel so sad and alone. I don't have any real friends to talk to about this stuff. I'm just listening to Taylor Swift at the moment it's helping a bit. 

Hey @Birdofparadise8 ,

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so sad and alone right now. At the same time, good on your for trying to find things to help.

Do you find you get more upset after seeing your psych? Are you still seeing him weekly/fortnightly?

What do you hope to achieve out of therapy? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Tandem respectfully acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands and waters of Australia. Tandem is committed to working in partnership with Aboriginal communities to support the principles of self-determination, and ensure the voices of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander carers in Victoria are heard and considered.