Skip to main content
Facebook Twitter Email Subscribe to eNews
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I can’t cope

Hey @Captain24 , looks like we posted at the SAME time! Hope you are okay.

I’ve finished and I’m home. @tyme. I don’t think it’s a good thing though

Oh! I thought you had a few night shifts @Captain24 .

I wonder if thinking it's perhaps not a good thing being at home already sets your mind up to be geared this way? I recognise it's hard at the moment, and I can relate to this cycle of thinking.

I was doing this training recently, and it was GEM training - Gratitude, Empathy and Mindfulness. If this can be consistently practiced each day, throughout the day, it can make a huge difference to one's mental health. 

I really hope things improve for you do that you don't go into a downward spiral. You've done too much to go back. 

At the same time, I don't want to harp on something that's way too challenging for you either.

Shouldn’t be alone right now. I can’t be trusted. I’m going to bed. @tyme 

I’ll say it.. I’m safe

We posted at the same time again! @tyme 

GEM sounds similar the ACE model 

Yes I do think I may be in that cycle. But that doesn’t explain all the time I’ve had in bed where I just can’t do anything else. Every little thing is annoying me off. If I’m not careful and don’t pull my head in I could get in trouble. It’s affecting everything 

Hugs @Captain24 . I'm hearing you. 

Believe me, I've been down that path. Hang in there. You CAN do it. 

Please take care. Give Jett and Pix a hug and tell them what you are grateful for.

Oh, and thanks for saying that you're safe @Captain24 . It really helps us and the community.

I can say it and will no matter what I feel

I knew I couldn’t be trusted. More marks

Someone made a really interesting comment today that really got me thinking...

In life, work with a scar but don't touch a scab.... @Captain24 

Take this as whatever you will. 

There's more I want to say, but I'll leave it for now. I'm not here to criticise or judge you, but to just let you know that I've been down that path and I've got the life-long battle scars to prove it.

There is hope.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Tandem respectfully acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands and waters of Australia. Tandem is committed to working in partnership with Aboriginal communities to support the principles of self-determination, and ensure the voices of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander carers in Victoria are heard and considered.