Skip to main content
Facebook Twitter Email Subscribe to eNews
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

GlossyHygrocybe
Contributor

I am feeling again after coming off of the wrong medications and onto new ones/ OCD- ADHD - AUTISM

I can't believe how I am feeling. It feels amazing. I feel like I am sparkling space dust typing this message. But in all seriousness my emotions are rapidly shifting now that I am feeling again after years of being on the wrong medication which just made me numb and angry at how unhappy I was because I couldn't feel joy or relief. I feel it now and I also feel the terror. I am feeling. It's incredible. I am alive. I am so grateful. Tonight I did a facemask to ground, meditation and I reached out to people to connect and feel supported. I am doing the right things tonight. I am going to a yoga class in the morning (which is so not my thing I am overweight but I will make it my thing so help me). I am doing the thing. You have to do the thing and be uncomfortable before the practice gets easier. You have to release your attachment to the suffering in that moment and acknowledge it and know you will come back to it eventually, and pursue a new experience. I feel like I am grieving my own suffering, it was my closest companion for many years. I have been sober for over a month and I intend to keep that going, I will keep going. I will stay sober. I can do anything I set my mind to and I have had enough of my suffering. Even if it stays with me, I will fill myself with so many equal experiences of different flavours, my suffering will never be alone again. It will have friends at the table to eat with. I will eat with my friends around the table.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: I am feeling again after coming off of the wrong medications and onto new ones/ OCD- ADHD - AUTISM

Thank you for sharing. That’s so encouraging to hear @GlossyHygrocybe 

Cheers to you.

Re: I am feeling again after coming off of the wrong medications and onto new ones/ OCD- ADHD - AUTISM

Hi @GlossyHygrocybe how are you going

Things with my partner have been really good the last two days. I have had a few moments of OCD but I have handled them. Its very distressing and I am a little bit worn out by the ups and downs but I am keeping on. Thanks for checking in

Hi @GlossyHygrocybe 

Thank you for sharing your experiences here.  Its encouraging and refreshing to hear that you are feeling less numb and happier with the change of medication.  Its great that you are doing things for yourself and are feeling supported.  How did your yoga class go?

Also - a big well done for being sober for over a month, and having the determination to keep that going!

It really does sound like things are turning around for you and you are able to enjoy your life more now than previously.  A huge virtual high five from me to you 💙

Warm regards

SkySeeker22

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Tandem respectfully acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands and waters of Australia. Tandem is committed to working in partnership with Aboriginal communities to support the principles of self-determination, and ensure the voices of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander carers in Victoria are heard and considered.