Skip to main content
Facebook Twitter Email Subscribe to eNews
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

NinjaTurtle
Casual Contributor

Who am I?

Hey hey! I'm new to SANE but not new to Mental Health. I got diagnosed with Schitzoaffective Disorder waaay back in 2014. It took many, many years and multiple professionals to be able to manage my symptoms. I am now a 30 year old woman and with the aid of my Support Worker and my partner I am able to live a somewhat "normal" life. I stumbled upon SANE whilst scrolling Facebook and I am reeeeally hoping to connect with like minded people. I literally don't have any friends besides my boyfriend and his mum and I have never met anyone else with this disease. I'm a very happy go lucky kinda person and I look forward to meeting others and learning more tips and tricks on how to survive in this world! And that's a bit about me I guess! Thanks for accepting me - now I can finally say that I'm IN-SANE hahaha thanking youuuu all 🤓

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Who am I?

Hey @NinjaTurtle 🙂 Welcome to SANE! It's so great to have you here.

Thank you for sharing your journey with us. Your resilience is inspiring. Managing mental health challenges is no easy feat, but it's incredible to hear how you've found ways to navigate through it all with the support of your loved ones. 

I hope that by joining this community, you will receive more support and connect with folks who understand what you're going through.

And hey, your humor is on point – "IN-SANE" made me chuckle! 😄 

Hi @NinjaTurtle I like Donatello! I found sane through the acute care team in my state, they sent me some resources to help with support

Your not alone with struggling.

Hey there @NinjaTurtle welcome to the forums, I'm glad you found us!

Thanks for sharing a bit about your story, it sounds like you've had quite the journey and overcome a lot! Time, education and the right supports can really make a world of difference eh?

Happy to be here IN-SANE with you 😂.. Although I did read that SANE was originally an acronym for Schizophrenia A National Emergency and then SANE branched out to include all other complex mental health conditions, I found that quite interesting to learn!

Anyways really nice to meet you, I hope you enjoy this space 😊

Welcome @NinjaTurtle 

You can type Schizoaffective Disorder into the Search bar above to find threads on it if you like. 

"IN-SANE" haha!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Tandem respectfully acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands and waters of Australia. Tandem is committed to working in partnership with Aboriginal communities to support the principles of self-determination, and ensure the voices of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander carers in Victoria are heard and considered.