Skip to main content
Facebook Twitter Email Subscribe to eNews
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Winnie2
Special Guest

Hi

first post here, wanting to talk to others

6 REPLIES 6
Paperdaisy
Peer Support Worker

Re: Hi

Hi @Winnie2 Welcome! 

Please familiarise yourself with our community guidelines

I will tag some members for you and please tell us what you would like to chat about 😊

@BPDSurvivor @outlander @Zoe7 @ShiningStar @Judi9877 @Shaz51 @Anastasia 

Shaz51
Community Guide

hello and welcome @Winnie2 

what would you like to talk about , @Paperdaisy  and I are here for you 

coffee.png

Hi and welcome, @Winnie2 , it's good you've joined. What brings you to the forums?

Feel free to type any topic into the search bar above for threads on that topic. 

A handy forum tip is if you type @ and click on a name in the drop-down box, that person will get a notification and won't miss your reply.

I hope you enjoy exploring the forums.

Hi @Winnie2 

I just wanted to reach out to welcome you to the forums - it’s great to have you here 💜

In my experience, reaching out for support can take an enormous amount of courage and as such, I just ever so gently wanted to say that I think that you’ve taken an incredibly brave step 💜

Sometimes, finding a way to share what’s happening for us can be really overwhelming and as such, it can be challenging to know where and how to start.

As such, I just ever so gently wanted to reassure you that there’s absolutely no pressure or expectations in relation to what you share about yourself or when you share this - please just share whatever feels safe and comfortable for you 💜

Sometimes people find it helpful to slowly ease themselves into the community by sharing three fun facts about themselves 😊 With this in mind, I just wondered if this may be something that feels comfortable for you too?

It’s been a little while since I’ve participated in this particular activity, but just to start the ball rolling, three fun facts about me are:

Pink and purple are my favourite colours 😊

I have a twin sister 💜

I have a weakness for McDonalds Mcflurrys and I especially love the ones that are topped with mini M and M’s 😆

Also, just while I remember, one of the things that really helped me when I was new to the forums and still finding my way around, was that if you would like to chat with another forum member, or reply to one of their posts, place @ in front of their username just like I did at the start of my post to you i.e. @Winnie2 that way, they will receive a message that you have contacted them 😊

Please know that you’re always welcome to reach back to us whenever you feel ready 💜

Take kind and gentle care of yourself 💜

ShiningStar 💜  

outlander
Community Guide

hi @Winnie2  welcome!

Shaz51
Community Guide

Hello @Winnie2 

Checking in to see how you are going today 😀👋

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Tandem respectfully acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands and waters of Australia. Tandem is committed to working in partnership with Aboriginal communities to support the principles of self-determination, and ensure the voices of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander carers in Victoria are heard and considered.