Skip to main content
Facebook Twitter Email Subscribe to eNews
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Autumn_Leaf
Senior Contributor

Hey just a quick question

Hey guys I’m new here and honestly struggling so much and I was wondering 

what does the different names mean on the site ? 
like what does community and stuff mean I’m sorry ? 
I’m sorry im just curious 

I really appreciate the support 

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Hey just a quick question

Good question there @Autumn_Leaf 

This may help:

Community Manager: Oversees the entire forum in relation to other SANE services and external stakeholders.

Community Lead: Sees to the day-to-day running of the forums.

Moderators: Assess and manage risk (paid)

Peer Support Workers: Paid peer workers on SANE who engage the community AND assess risk.

Community Guide: Volunteer members part of the Community Guide program who engage the community, welcome members, share experiences on the forums (min 2 hours a week)

Community Elder: Members who have chosen to graduate from the Community Guide program.

Peer Guide: Members who are volunteering as part of their work-readiness Peer Guide Program. (20 hours volunteer work on the forums)

Hope this helps. 

Oh cool tysm @tyme 

@oh so can u guys like see all of our details and stuff oh okay tysm that makes sense 

Hey @Autumn_Leaf ,

The only details we have is your email, and perhaps the state you are logging in from.

We (forums) don't keep anything else in terms of info.

However, if you use other parts of SANE's services, then we have more details such as a phone number.

@tyme 
Oh rightio tysm for explaining everything 

so there’s like heaps of people like watching this space

like this 🧐 and like monitoring everything and working together to keep everyone like following the rules ? 

@tyme 

Oh what’s the community guide program ? 
Cause I want to help people as well 

HI @Autumn_Leaf , @tyme  usually has Mondays and Tuesdays off as they work weekends, so I'll answer your question 🙂

The Community Guide programme is a volunteer programme where ordinary members can apply to be helpers with lived experience.  You get training and you are expected to put in 2 hours a week on the forums, helping others, welcoming them and directing them how to find guidance around the forums or for their mental health journey. You get support to be a Community Guide. You need to commit to it for (I think) 6 months at a time which can be renewed. 

Every now and then they have a new CG intake, where they post asking for people to apply to be a CG. I think they might be due to have a new intake soon, not sure. 

Hope that helps. 

Oh cool tysm for explaining @NatureLover 

how old everyone here ? If I can ask this question? 
I’m 24 

I'm 52 @Autumn_Leaf , and I would say most people here are older than 24. There are quite a few young ones about though! 

Hey @Autumn_Leaf , I'm in my 30s. I started using these forums in my late 20s. But yes, there are other young ones around including 18-19 year olds.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Tandem respectfully acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands and waters of Australia. Tandem is committed to working in partnership with Aboriginal communities to support the principles of self-determination, and ensure the voices of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander carers in Victoria are heard and considered.