Skip to main content
Facebook Twitter Email Subscribe to eNews
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

DB67
Casual Contributor

Hello everyone.

Hi there I'm DB67 and for the last 18 to 24 months I've been lost within myself. I think I live in the past too much (regret) and I put myself down a lot and even tell my wife I wish she didn't meet me and my kids I think I failed them also. I think I don't feel like a man should when I compare myself to them or in general.I used to be so damm full of life and I hate it. Lots more to say but no time to say it. All The Best Everyone.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Hello everyone.

Depression?

Hi @DB67 , I’m sorry to hear where things are at. You are right in saying living in the past does make us feel this way. 

I used to live in the past. It caused depression. I’d then live in the future. It caused anxiety. I would compare myself to others and what I saw on social media - people ‘moving ona’ yet I was ‘stuck’.

Over time, I’ve learnt to live in the NOW. It’s the only time we have control over.

In the end, I started antidepressants and psychology. I couldn’t feel better nowadays!

But yes, I don’t want to ever go back to the land of depression.

Maybe a GP can give you some advice.

Re: Hello everyone.

Welcome, @DB67 ...sorry to hear you've lost your spark.

Am wondering if you have a counsellor or someone to talk it through with?

A handy forum tip is if you type @ and then click on a name in the drop-down box, that person will get a notification and won't miss your reply.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Tandem respectfully acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands and waters of Australia. Tandem is committed to working in partnership with Aboriginal communities to support the principles of self-determination, and ensure the voices of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander carers in Victoria are heard and considered.