Skip to main content
Facebook Twitter Email Subscribe to eNews
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Grief and Loss // Tues 3rd August, 7:00-8:30PM AEST

As @Eve7 has already suggested @Daisydreamer - do some htings that you shared together and make it a 'nice' day for yourself. Remembering the good times and the important place that people/pets have had in your life, how they have helped shape the person you are and how important they have been in your life is just as important.

I am hearing for a lot of members here that there has been an experience of trauma that has compounded the grieving process Heart As @amandaGL has spoken to today, grief and healing is so unique to each person, and the added trauma can also add to the challenges we may experience day to day.

There has been so much peer support around this here, and I'm seeing a strong sense that so many of us here are coping with grief and trauma. We hope that during this discussion you have found validation that you are not alone, and value in hearing from others going through or who have been through something similar Heart 

@Zoe7 wrote:

As @Eve7 has already suggested @Daisydreamer - do some htings that you shared together and make it a 'nice' day for yourself. Remembering the good times and the important place that people/pets have had in your life, how they have helped shape the person you are and how important they have been in your life is just as important.

Heart I love this post @Zoe7 Remembering the good times and the important place that people/pets have had in your life, how they have helped shape the person you are and how important they have been in your life is just as important.

@Daisydreamer it is indeed.  so many Community Members on the Griefline Forums feel like they have become isolated in their grief because there is an expectation amongst their friends and family that they should move on.  Everyone's grief journey is their own.  This is a misconception in the community that Griefline is hoping to address.

I will never cope with my baby's anniversary...not in this life anyway. It will always be so very painful and now I can't lay in h's arms its worse. Too hard, too sad and I will never forgive myself.

@Daisydreamer 

I have know most of the people in this discussion for some years and learned a great deal about them - 

After tonight I will know more and I am very grateful for the chance to participate

Yes @Daisydreamer , @Zoe7 even my furbabies  anniversary and my other ones to do something special on the day

@Eve7 💖💖💖💖💖

I'll be in touch with you in the forums @Htoo 

This conversation has been such a powerful space, and I want to extend a huge thank you to you all. We held each person's grief and experience with love and compassion, and I am thankful to have shared this space with you all. To all those who posted tonight, thank you for your courage and generosity Heart @Shaz51@ShiningStar @Owlunar @Zoe7 @Poppyfriend543 @Arizona @Adge @Eve7 @Htoo 

To wrap up tonight @amandaGL

What support is available for people experiencing grief? Are there resources we can access?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Tandem respectfully acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands and waters of Australia. Tandem is committed to working in partnership with Aboriginal communities to support the principles of self-determination, and ensure the voices of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander carers in Victoria are heard and considered.