Skip to main content
Facebook Twitter Email Subscribe to eNews
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday// Daily D.O.S.E. & Hacking Happiness Hormones// Tuesday 27th June 2023 5:30-7PM AEST

Love to know more @TideisTurning 

Re: Topic Tuesday// Daily D.O.S.E. & Hacking Happiness Hormones// Tuesday 27th June 2023 5:30-7PM AEST

I feel like that's true. Hopefully, you might find a few ideas tonight! 

that I need more of them. that my hormones are probably out of balance/not regulated well

happy hormones are things like serotonin/dopamine etc. 

You're most certainly onto something there @Medicated 😊

HI. I am joining this thread for a refresher on dopamine, a factor in my ADHD.

You're on the right track! @Medicated 

Balancing hormones is a great hack, but something I'd like to learn more about too 🙂

Welcome! So great to have you here with us 🙂 @7cough9 

Our first happy hormone, the D in D.O.S.E. is Dopamine

TideisTurning_0-1687851707270.png

Dopamine is part of the brain’s reward system and what gives you pleasurable sensations and keeps you coming back for more- like a bit of a motivational driver!  

Released when expecting a reward. When an activity is associated with pleasure, anticipation alone can be enough to raise the level of dopamine!   

Passing over to all of you: What ideas do you have about how you could harness dopamine?   @Medicated @Shaz51 @Captain24 @7cough9 @amber22 

We can get a boost of happy hormones through things like exercise 😄

I think it's important to give yourself little rewards for doing hard tasks and hopefully harness dopamine that way
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Tandem respectfully acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands and waters of Australia. Tandem is committed to working in partnership with Aboriginal communities to support the principles of self-determination, and ensure the voices of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander carers in Victoria are heard and considered.