Skip to main content
Facebook Twitter Email Subscribe to eNews
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday// Caring For The Carer// Tues 29th November 2022 7-8:30PM AEDT

aww im sorry i missed this one!!!

Re: Topic Tuesday// Caring For The Carer// Tues 29th November 2022 7-8:30PM AEDT

Thank you for a great night @Karen17 , @TideisTurning , @amber22 

I have experienced carers burnout and carers fatigue 

Aw sorry that we missed you! Feel free to keep this conversation going in another thread with @Shaz51 and any others that would benefit from it! This will be available for you (and everyone else) to read through and will stay on the forums 🙂 Hope you're having a good night! @outlander 

Thanks everyone involved in this session.  @amber22 and @TideisTurning I really appreciate the chance to join you here.  

I really urge any carers to access support.  If you are supported by unpaid family or friends please encourage them to give the carer gateway a call and get registered.  

Good night

Hello and hugs my sister @outlander xx

A little extra information regarding the earlier question: What services and/or supports are available for carers?

Please know that it can take a while to go through the registration process for some supports.  So even if you don’t feel like you might need support now, I suggest you register with at least Carer Gateway and Support for Carers program so you will be ready to go when you need it.   Also become a member of Carers Victoria or your state carer body so you start getting a newsletter which will let you know about events and services that might be of interest and help to you.

i just got home and logged in @amber22 but ill have a read through so i can catch up

Sorry, forgot to mention that Carer Gateway is for all Australian carers but the "Support for Carers Program" is a program for Victorian carers. Carers Gateway or Carers Australia, should be able to help you with details for any similar programs in your state or territory.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Tandem respectfully acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands and waters of Australia. Tandem is committed to working in partnership with Aboriginal communities to support the principles of self-determination, and ensure the voices of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander carers in Victoria are heard and considered.