Skip to main content
Facebook Twitter Email Subscribe to eNews
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Studying and being ND

Hey @creative_writer ,

I'm glad you set the boundary that weekends are for relaxing 🙂

@creative_writer yeah I feel you, like this lingering presence of 'task to be complete' that means the brain can't fully relax. Bahaha yeah come on brain, leave the urgency to the bladder! 😂

Yay for getting your weekends back! 

@tyme it’s good to have that boundary, it’s hard with coursework.

@Jynx I think I just have to keep reminding myself I have time, because my brain isn’t very good at realising. I feel like my sense of time is a bit strange at times

🤔 @creative_writer  Do you know about time blindness? It's a big part of ADHD 😅

I am having annoying body sensations, it's making it hard to concentrate. Anyone else very sensitive to how their body feels and being able to concentrate on daily tasks? I guess the average person probably would be annoyed too. I would imagine it would feel more irritating to me than the average person and it feels like a storm 😞

Time blindness? @creative_writer , @Jynx , @tyme , @SkySeeker22 , @ArraDreaming 

@creative_writer oh I feel you hun. I have incredibly sensitive skin for starters, so even the tiniest tag or poorly made clothing seam will drive me bonkers. 

What kind of sensations are you experiencing, if you don't mind my asking? 

@Shaz51 time blindness is a common trait amongst ND folks (ADHD in particular, but don't quote me on that). From ADDitude: "ADHD itself causes inaccurate time estimation. Time blindness warps and bends the internal ruler you use to measure how long something takes. Your estimates are off because your units are inconsistent. How an hour “feels” to you may not be how neurotypical people feel that same unit of time." That link goes to the article which can tell you more! 

@Shaz51 I also think time blindness also occurs in ASD along with ADHD, but then, symptoms can overlap at times.

@Jynx trauma sensations, it's very annoying. I know it could be worse, but this is enough to drive me insane, so I ended up trying to distract myself and ended up spending money to make myself feel better, I think my mascara is starting to dry up a little.

But anyways, I'm not even sure what triggered it though. I did have a intense session with my psych, but I never discussed this particular trauma, just other traumas

Ohh my yes @creative_writer , @Jynx 

@creative_writer yeah I feel like it's a pretty common ND trait, and I believe it also shows up in stuff like C-PTSD (which I personally do include under the ND banner anyway). 

I'm sorry the bodily sensations are doing you dirty this evening. That's rough as. But yay for retail therapy! Haha. Online shopping is also a bonus because I so frequently forget I've ordered something, so it's like getting a present from myself 😋

I hope your system calms down soon hun🤞

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Tandem respectfully acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands and waters of Australia. Tandem is committed to working in partnership with Aboriginal communities to support the principles of self-determination, and ensure the voices of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander carers in Victoria are heard and considered.