Skip to main content
Facebook Twitter Email Subscribe to eNews
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Not sure what to do !!!

@Shaz51 

Oh so hard for you all 😞

x x

Thank you @StuF , @Dimity 

Mr shaz and I have a tour and meeting with a aged care home which is 60kms away next week 

Have not told the family yet  

Maybe don't tell them before you visit @Shaz51 

No point opening up that can of worms without knowing what it is like first

If it is short term stay and she is already on the lists for closer places, it might be only option. @Shaz51 One step at a time to see if anything else opens up.

Yes @StuF , that what my shaz says too 

Very true @Appleblossom , yes respite care is only for 63 days at a time then you have to find somewhere else  but yes one step at a time 

@Shaz51 💚💚💚

@Shaz51 💜

Oh @Shaz51 lovely 

i understand my sis. It’s the most difficult thing to see - your parents decline in their health. And of course a facility closer to you would be the best situation. 
i know when we had to our my mil in care we had trouble and the one she went to was an hour away. 

im sorry you’re going through so much. I really feel for you all. And it must be hard for hubby too. 

Sending you loving hugs xxxooo

💐🙏♥️

Thank you @Zoe7 , @Determined ❤

Thank you @BlueBay , I knew you would understand xxx

And I need to do what is right for us all 

@Shaz51 

🙏♥️ You do what you need to do for your mum to be cared for and comfortable. Don’t worry about other family members. She’s your mum. And you are a fantastic daughter. Xxxxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Tandem respectfully acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands and waters of Australia. Tandem is committed to working in partnership with Aboriginal communities to support the principles of self-determination, and ensure the voices of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander carers in Victoria are heard and considered.