Skip to main content
Facebook Twitter Email Subscribe to eNews
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Not Coping

🤣😂 @Jynx 

My aunty said to have a elephant 🐘 sale at the markets 

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

Nah I haven't @Birdofparadise8 but I will give it a go after I finish work! Any cool tips or tidbits you've learned from it so far?

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

@Shaz51 aww that would be so cute! 

It has three episodes @Jynx 

Oh, I guess so. It's basically about a study they did at Flinders University, which had 30 participants to help with their sleep issues. Maybe it's something to look into to get help doing those things. I might try too to get off medication for sleep, but you would need professional help from a sleep doctor. I found it quite fascinating how they helped all of them overcome insomnia. 

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

@Birdofparadise8 yeah for sure, sleep is sooooo important, would be well worth chatting to a gp or psych about the things that helped those folks out. 

Yes it would be @Jynx 

Sorry just got off the phone with KHL.

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

@Birdofparadise8 that's all good. Hope the call went well 😊

Yes, we mostly talk about how I comply with people and agree with them when I want to say the opposite to please that person. Then we talked about how I could work out what to do with my roommate as she has been leaving the oven on overnight. @Jynx 

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

@Birdofparadise8 aye I used to do that a lot too - I sometimes didn't even realise till later that I was just people-pleasing. It's tough hey. Glad your KHL support is so insightful. 

Oh yikes... are they leaving it on on purpose (like...as a heater lol) or just super forgetful? 

Yes she is, but I brought it up as I have noticed I do it a lot. 

No, by accident, but she hasn't been accepting she has been doing it. She tried to blame me for it tonight when I mentioned she did it for a second time in a week, so I need to work out the best way to deal with this. @Jynx 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Tandem respectfully acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands and waters of Australia. Tandem is committed to working in partnership with Aboriginal communities to support the principles of self-determination, and ensure the voices of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander carers in Victoria are heard and considered.