Skip to main content
Facebook Twitter Email Subscribe to eNews
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Need to vent

What do I do??

@Former-Member @MDT @Shaz51 @Former-Member @Emelia8 @Owlunar @BPDSurvivor @HenryX @oceangirl and others reading 

im seeing my doctor early Monday morning. The trouble is I’m stressing because I have not enough money to pay him. I feel so ashamed embarrassed. But I just can’t pay it. I don’t want to cancel appointment because he wanted me to come this week to see him. Snd he’s fully booked for another 2 weeks. 

how do I tell him that I can only pay on Thursday when hubby gets paid. He will prob be angry and hate me. 

im so angry that we’re in such a bad place financially. Never in my life have I been this bad. It’s so stressful, down grading, embarrassing and I feel ashamed and guilty. 
it’s my fault that we’re like this. I blame myself totally. 

I can’t live like this.😥😥

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @BlueBay

I wanted to check in with you as it sounds like a really hard day today.

I cant imagine how stressful all of this has been for you and when something like paying for the GP comes up, I can imagine it makes it all the more real and painful. 

I am glad you are sharing with the community how you are feeling, because sitting with so much self-blame, anger and shame can be so agonising. Know that we respect and support you just as you are.

I really wish I had a great solution for you here, but know that we see you and we are sitting with you. 

Please feel free to keep us all updated with how you are travelling today ❤️

Thanks @Former-Member  I appreciate your support. 
nothing will help 

I feel useless snd every other negative word 

I feel hated by lots of people 

I feel so low that I can’t fix things 

I’m angry emotional 

I feel so horrible to not even afford a doctors bill. How bad is that. We have literally zero left in our account. That’s terrible. I’m sorry I’m so ashamed in even telling you. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Sorry you’re feeling so stressed @BlueBay 

I can imagine it would feel embarrassing not being able to pay the doctor’s bill. 
Perhaps give the receptionist a ring this afternoon and explain. If you’re a regular patient there, I think that they will understand and let you pay on Thursday. 

Doctors not open today @Former-Member  snd km the first appt on Monday is 7am which is my appt. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Silly me. I thought it was Friday. Explain to receptionist when you get there. I’m sure they’ll understand. @BlueBay 

Yeah guess I’ll tell them or directly to my doctor. I hate doing things like that because I like to pay my own way @Former-Member 

@difficult time of my life is right now 

Hello @BlueBay I think you’ll probably find the Dr more understanding than the front receptionist.

I’m sorry you’re in this predicament as it’s hard. I’ve been there in the past so I do feel for you.

Big squishy hugs

💙🤗💙🤗💙

Thanks @Eve7 @Former-Member 🙏♥️

@BlueBay 

I would talk to the dr directly and even ask if he will bulk bill you. There is no shame in asking. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Tandem respectfully acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands and waters of Australia. Tandem is committed to working in partnership with Aboriginal communities to support the principles of self-determination, and ensure the voices of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander carers in Victoria are heard and considered.