Skip to main content
Facebook Twitter Email Subscribe to eNews

Re: Tabaluga's

No good regarding your cold @StuF you may have been run down since yesterday! I guess you will be trying to rest up today, I'm sorry you are not well, it must be very disappointing for you to have to bear all that.

@Meowmy @Oaktree @PeppyPatti 

I'm still perfecting my thermo heat protectant styling spritz from an old recipe I saw online which I did not follow to the letter last time. It seems to stop the frizz, much cheaper than buying styling brands that are full of chemicals.

I use 2 parts aloe vera gel, 1 part castor oil and 1 part aloe vera water.

It lasts forever in a small spray pack and is really wonderful to style your hair with using a styling wand. It protects your hair from damage and especially over the cooler months and it stops frizz. If you have grey hair like me it will stop the ends changing color being exposed to heat. 

Thanks @SmilingGecko 

I'll be fine - it's just man flu! lol

But seriously, all good really.

I hope you perfect the hair treatment recipe 🙂

Ah you will be allright then @StuF. I have not caught a cold in quite a long time but then again I rarely go out in public as a precaution. The spritz recipe is fun to make. I used to dye my hair using natural pigments but couldn't be bothered anymore. At the height of the pandemic I could not source the natural colors online and because they were natural they were very expensive. It was too much of a hassle requiring 6 hours to process the color on top of another application procedure for another 2 hours to make my hair turn dark brown/black. It was very messy and I hated doing it every month myself!!!

That certainly sounds like a lot of work @SmilingGecko !

TAB
Senior Contributor

some form of gout/arthritis @StuF gave me non-specific treatment as not confirmed. cannot be confirmed without taking fluid samples when at its peak like yest, guess would have to go to emergency to do that .cant see how else. I'm off the hook for next 2 days now, think going to go lie down and let pills do their thing lol

I hope the pills weave their magic @TAB 

@StuF I used to follow how to do all kinds of things with henna on https://www.hennapage.com/ Used to add port wine to my henna, some women add a variety of things to their hair paste like honey and herbs.

There is only one way I know of to make grey hair turn black using natural pigments and its to do a 2 step application. It involves putting henna goop in your hair then wash out and do a separate indigo goop application. Your hair turns black. Many Afro-American women do it.

There is a company called "Hairprint" in the USA which is the only safe hairdye company I know of that natural healers recommend as the chemical hairdyes are known to be carcinogenic and the hairdressing industry is unregulated. I have not bought their product and there are mixed reviews. Don't know how much grey coverage you get with their colors though.

We were involved in raising funds to put out this video on the dangers of the cosmetics industry many moons ago. We just all rallied to get donations to make this short video go public.  It was a long time ago but its where my personal journey began with safe cosmetics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfq000AF1i8

Interesting video @SmilingGecko 

@TAB IKEA sell a product called Billy Bookcase.

My friends were throwing out about 7 of them.

There is no storage upstairs where I am. 
Absolutely 0 storage. Nil.

I was looking at these bookcase and thought open wardrobe. Sort of like this:

IMG_3789.jpeg

IMG_3790.jpeg

Hello sweetheart @Meowmy enjoy your lunch and the rest of your day cool friend 

Tandem respectfully acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands and waters of Australia. Tandem is committed to working in partnership with Aboriginal communities to support the principles of self-determination, and ensure the voices of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander carers in Victoria are heard and considered.