Skip to main content
Facebook Twitter Email Subscribe to eNews
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Share a cuppa?

Thank you ❤️ @PizzaMondo 

How are you going today 

Anytime @Shaz51 ❤️

I am going OK today, looking forward to preparing some dinner and having downtime after a busy day. How are you going today? I saw earlier you're home now!

Hi @greenpea I've been Vegetarian for about 33 years.

Just Vegitarian, not Vegan.

@Shaz51 @PinkFlamingo 

I lost my Ruah Services today - They Discharged/ Exited me from their services, after 12 months.

They supported me through my Breakdown in November last year, when I went into hospital, & when I came home.

They came to my home for some Appointment/ Visits, & came with me supporting me out to some other activities.

Now they're gone, it's a shock & sad & I'm feeling far more alone & loney.

I'll adjust & find other ways of gaining helpful social interactions or group activities.

At the moment it's just really rough, & it hurts.

I live alone, have done for over 13 years, so it's tough.

My eFriend contact Phone Call will help a little, tomorrow.

😐Adge

@Adge  sorry to hear life is so tough for you atm Adge.  do you have a ndis package?

Oh, @Adge , Im so sorry to hear that 😔💜

I can completely understand how this is a shock, and why youre feeling sadness, alone, hurt, and lonely xx

Although, Im glad to hear you have an eFriend call coming tomorrow.. I wonder if that person there at eFriend has some contacts for other groups, or other means of support? 🙂 

One thing that stands out in your post is that despite this, youve mentioned adjusting and finding connection in other ways, which speaks volumes about your resilience, even with having to take on this difficult news today xx

From one person living alone to another, those feelings of being discharged/exited from social supports hits particularly hard, because their emotional value is so much higher when there is nobody else to lean on, however we do have a unique resilience that has been hard-earned from all those years being independent in living arrangements, which can help.. once there's been a bit of time to process the changes, I have found 💜

I hope its of some softness to know you have understanding, support, care and connection here xx

I also hope the call tomorrow with eFriend goes really well for you 🙂 

Having to arrange mum funeral requests @PizzaMondo , @PinkFlamingo  today 

Hard 

Ohh hugs my @Adge and sitting with you my friend ❤️ 

so hard @Shaz51 😔 💜

was thinking of you today xx

Thanks @greenpea No, the NDIS rejected my application, about 2 years ago.

Thanks @PinkFlamingo "From one person living alone to another, those feelings of being discharged/exited from social supports hits particularly hard, because their emotional value is so much higher when there is nobody else to lean on"...

Yes, you expressed how I feel very well, Pinkflamingo - Or how you feel, & I feel similar (resonates strongly with me).

No, I have not yet adjusted or found connection in other ways, although I do intend to - That is my hope or promise to myself.

Thanks @Shaz51 

Thanks again.

Adge

Thanks @Adge 🙂🌺

Yeah, I think living alone really does make the stakes higher, when services end, and I really relate to that too 💜

The promise to yourself to find connection is a very good one to have, and I did the same, not too many months before finding my way into peer stuff.. 🙂

Just a point regarding NDIS.. if you ever would like try again, there should be a local service that supports you in actually doing the application (in the instance you did it by yourself beforehand), they just need to be found. 

And then, if they are helping you, your application is worded by someone who (hopefully) has done lots before and knows how to maximise the impact. 

Then, there is also the appeals process (internal appeal at the NDIS, then an appeal via the DSS appeals program  within 28 days of the result of their internal review if it declines service access). 

I didn't know any of this when I applied, and even with the amount of disability I live with, I still did not get NDIS. So, today I spoke with the local service designated in helping people who have no other help to do the application, to get one started. 

I hope you feel some day that it might be worth trying again, if you'd like to  🙂 xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Tandem respectfully acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands and waters of Australia. Tandem is committed to working in partnership with Aboriginal communities to support the principles of self-determination, and ensure the voices of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander carers in Victoria are heard and considered.