Skip to main content
Facebook Twitter Email Subscribe to eNews
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

Hello @Flying_Hams and @SmilingGecko , @Former-Member , @Meowmy , @Former-Member 

@Flying_Hams, I like the sentiment, hope and self awareness that you have expressed in a couple of your messages this morning.

With Best Wishes to You and Everyone Else Also

@HenryX 

Thank you my friend @HenryX

I believe it may take some convincing of my folks but tbh I am not concerned. It's my life. Presently I lack joy and interest - bored most of the time due to what I am doing.

Change is as good as a holiday as they say

Hi @Flying_Hams 

and others visiting this thread

I have found, in my life, that lots of changes can be like taking lots of holidays. Too much of a good thing, without the maintenance and perseverance to form solid foundations which form the basis, in conjunction with sound decisions, to achieve personal development and the sense and reality of security, that we can achieve for ourselves and those who are, or will become special in our lives..

I know that, at times, I have looked for excitement and stimulation, thinking that I was facing challenges with the intention of progress. But I found that the search for excitement and stimulation could be equated with the formation of addictions. They  have an ever increasing appetite that needs to be fed more and more to achieve the same returns that we got from far less initially. In this way, they can become distractions from what might be sought and accomplished in life.

I have found that facing, responding to and meeting challenges cannot always be equated with excitement and stimulation.

Cheers

@HenryX 

Interesting perspective @HenryX

What about meaningful pursuits? I see so much attention put on this topic nowadays.

I have none of it. I am bored and I lack enthusiasm for anything.

Hello @Flying_Hams 

and others visiting the thread

Without knowing a little more about you, @Flying_Hams , your personal situation, "what floats or drives your boat" and your perception of self, it is difficult to offer any meaningful observations.

From what I can gather, you have an off and on again relationship with dating apps, enjoy a coffee in the morning, read a book near the fire pit when you can, but I know little else. I do keep an eye on your comments, so might be expected to know as much about you as you tell anyone on the forum. However, I find many of your interactions very nebulous, so find little with which to work or consider. I only offer comments when I see something to which I can respond. This morning, there were two such posts. Even those were ethereal, offering very little insight into who you are as a person. Consequently, I feel that I can compliment you on your thoughts but struggle to find material on which to base observations that may be of value to you in your life.

Many of your contributions that you offer on the forum seem to be in the form of questions about what others are doing or are occupied with. I find that searching outside myself for inspiration only works when I know myself. Others can only offer worthwhile observations for my benefit, yours, or that of anyone else, if they relate to known information about the person to whom those observations are directed and offered. Otherwise, the chances of hitting a bullseye, or even being anywhere close to the mark, are extremely low.

With Best wishes

@HenryX 

Thanks @HenryX

You're insight is helping me. You know I believe you are right when you say that about looking outside the self. I can honestly say that in the last few months of self searching and introspection that the best thing to come out of it has been the process itself.

You've also made me think more about whether or not I am hiding myself from the world. That maybe there is an insecurity deeper in myself that actually prevents me from going forward in life and which is why I'm finding myself stuck in a circular motion.

I post regularly on new threads so perhaps I should tag you - but at the same time I think this would come off as arrogant. The struggles I go through I think I am likely to share on my threads as sometimes I think it's obtuse to do so on other people's

But that could come down to the fact that I find I connect with some others better - which is a lot like real life.

I feel you are helping me @HenryX so I thank you for it

Hello @Flying_Hams 

Thank you very much for your reply and your observations about our interaction.

The process that you have referred to, is itself important. I believe it is about learning how to learn. Often, I believe that we think that learning is an intuitive process that we all know how to do. However, I am sure that it is those of us who learn how to learn, who progress and accomplish their own goals in life.

The insecurity, to which you refer, is something with which I have battled most of my life, so I do believe that I can sometimes sense it in others. It is not something of which to be afraid, but simply, of which to be aware. It is through awareness of our qualities and attributes, that we can use them to our advantage. Without that knowledge and awareness, any quality or attribute, whether negative or positive, can be a controlling agent. If we have not come to know the essence of those qualities and attributes, we have not learned what their affect on us will be. And if we are not aware of and in control of our qualities and attributes, others may well be, giving them the advantage.

You are welcome to tag me into any comment that you wish and also to participate and interact in any area where I can be found. I believe you are familiar with the places that I "hang out". Don't let that insecurity prevent you from inviting me or others into your space. Neither should you feel concerned about entering the space of others. That is, judging from my own experience, a learning and developmental process, the more avoided, the less engaged, and the fewer the opportunities for our own personal development.

As I have said before, I am only likely to respond if I believe that I have something constructive to offer. The more exposure that you allow yourself, the greater the number of opportunities to come to know yourself. Why not practice here, before taking those skills into the wider, more personally interactive world, irl.

With My Most Sincere Best Wishes

@HenryX 

🙏 @HenryX

Thank you for your wisdom friend

Morning forumites 🙂

Hey @Meowmy @TAB
Whats new
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Tandem respectfully acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands and waters of Australia. Tandem is committed to working in partnership with Aboriginal communities to support the principles of self-determination, and ensure the voices of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander carers in Victoria are heard and considered.