Skip to main content
Facebook Twitter Email Subscribe to eNews
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

I dont know how I feel

hello friends Ill keep it short ,I just dont know how I feel about certain things,relationships ect, theres been alot of changes lately ,new car ,prospect of moving to a new house ect ,sometimes even good things just take a bit of time to process, I need to slow down a bit,have some self care and just breathe for a bit,with things happening so fast,am safe,thats all for now

4 REPLIES 4

Re: I dont know how I feel

Hi @LostAngel, lots of change and new things on the horizon for you. As you mentioned, even positive change is change, and I really admire that you are giving yourself the time to stop, go gentle and slowly process the changes where you can Heart

Some more self care during this time sounds like a much deserved space to just sit and 'be' during this time of change. What have you been doing for self care lately?

hi @Daisydreamer thanks for replying Im currently watching favourite Netflix series,showering everyday, eating regular meals as well as listening to music, currently watching some tennis ,trying to have some alone time but quietly rather than too much noise and over stimulation ,even had a nap this afternoon which was nice, trying to pace myself with driving the new car around ,might visit my fave aunty tomorow afternoon ,havent seen her in person for 6 months

slept well last night,but early this morning alot of pondering ,questioning asking myself wether Im always just running from myself or most things in general,am I avoiding,what does being strong mean to me? have I let my own family influence me too much on matters that I want sole control over? quilt tripping myself ,regret about my actions,overthinking,am safe just meaning actions in relationships,I have a nice new car but that doesnt change the feeling of being alone,what do I think being strong means? it means standing alone,Im an adult I can handle this ect,which brings me to thinking I should just be honest with myself and maybe a little more honest in a one on one conversation with someone close to me,truth be told Im burying my worries during this time of change,and even with good changes have still felt a sense of sadness for some reason,theres also a feeling of wanting to let go of everything old in my life and start new ,strange ,am safe ,material possessions bring some sense of happyness but they never fill the root cause issue underneath hmmm what to do about that ,talk things out as best I can,try to gain some clarity for where Im at and where things are at in general

Dear @LostAngel ,

Thank you for your post. I think it's so important to be able to reflect on this points you have raised. It is a very personal reflection on where you currently are and where you want to be.

I encourage you to continue reaching out. This is your journey, but I'm sure the community will be happy to walk with you 🙂

Take Care,

tyme

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Tandem respectfully acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands and waters of Australia. Tandem is committed to working in partnership with Aboriginal communities to support the principles of self-determination, and ensure the voices of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander carers in Victoria are heard and considered.