Skip to main content
Facebook Twitter Email Subscribe to eNews
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Depressed

Thank you all I appreciate your support, I really wish it was pregnant hormones, but unfortunately it’s not , I am struggling to understand him but I am working on my self for Bub , I do enjoying walking , also , 

thank you for all your ideas I appreciate it very much

Hi @Dawnann25  and welcome to the forums. Also, congratulations on your expected baby. 

I suffered from depression during my pregnancies as well and it makes it harder with all the crazy hormones.

Do you have any friends who are also pregnant? I had 2 close friends pregnant at the same time so that helped a lot as we bounced ideas off each other as well as baby names.

Take care and lots of love

💜💙

@Depressed
At this stage , as a still new forum member, I’m not much help to you I’m sorry.
I’m hoping to learn strategies to deal with my own Depression.

I’m so sad to hear that your partner is not supportive even in your current condition.
It is not good for you to be in such a mental state. Does your partner understand that??? Is there anyone who can talk to him/her—- explain the facts of your situation, medical and otherwise.

At the risk of just making you feel worse—-if you are in a situation where you can TALK to a GP , maybe they could organise some ongoing counselling support for you. You certainly need some sympathetic support outside your relationship at the moment. Please at least talk to a doctor—- you never know what may be available in your area.

Hopefully there will also be be other people on these forums who can lend a more supportive shoulder than I have.

I hope everything goes well for you in the future. — in your pregnancy and in your whole life. All the very best to you.

@Dawnann
I just posted to you but not sure that it went anywhere because I stupidly addressed it @Depressed.

I won’t repeat everything ,but I’m very concerned for you and wish I could make things better . I think others here may be able to help you where I cannot..
Paulette has some good advice and warm words
and tyme’s invitation to use the Sane counselling service seems like a very good idea ……. see folliowing.
Please look after yourself and accept the support available. Thinking of you and wishing you very well. From keepingface

If, at anytime you feel you need a chat, you are welcome to contact our Drop-In service to speak to a counsellor on 1800 187 263 (M-F 10am-10pm). Webchat is also available https://www.sane.org/get-support/drop-in-service
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Tandem respectfully acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands and waters of Australia. Tandem is committed to working in partnership with Aboriginal communities to support the principles of self-determination, and ensure the voices of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander carers in Victoria are heard and considered.