Skip to main content
Facebook Twitter Email Subscribe to eNews
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Flying_Hams
Community Guide

Sad

Just a sad Hams

😔

11 REPLIES 11
Rhye
Senior Contributor

Re: Sad

You going okay over there this afternoon @Flying_Hams? If there is anything you want to chat about, I'm just over here 🌝

BlueBay
Senior Contributor

i get it my friend @Flying_Hams 

i feel the same way 

hugs xxoo

what`s wrong @Flying_Hams 

Hi @Rhye @Shaz51 @BlueBay

Thanks for dropping by

Its a matter of when not if in regards to work. It's so dull. I have talents and abilities elsewhere. I drafted up a resignation email today.

The more I think about things the more I think about how I haven't taken direction or taken seriously what I actually WANT in life.

This job is not what I want.

I just feel sad because of work. That's all. I know I can pursue things outside this and go forward in life.

Its like this an anchor

Hi all
And whoever had contributed

Didn't have a good day again

Feeling very low due to work

Just want out

Cooking some fish for dinner

Feeling pathetic
Jynx
Peer Support Worker

Hey @Flying_Hams,

Sorry to hear you had a hard day, anything you want to get off your chest? 

Holding on through a crappy job to make sure you keep a roof over your head is far from pathetic my friend, to me it shows lots of strength. It is not a reflection of your capabilities but a reflection of the way we are ensnared in systems that are much larger than us. Kudos for holding on 💜💚

It isn't to hold a roof over my head @Jynx
But I do agree with that sentiment
Its becoming clearer to me that this is where I must start. Change what I do.
StuF
Senior Contributor

@Flying_Hams 

Hey, work is work. And it's obviously not going well for you at the moment.

I just wanted to add that (if nothing else) a "pathetic" person would not be cooking fish for dinner...

I have faith you'll get closer to where you want to be. Just sucks that a big chunk of the journey at the moment is not doing you many favours

Edit: Sorry if that sounds dismissive in any way. That certainly was not my intention

Not at all dismissive @StuF

I appreciate your input my friend

Yeah I think the choice is clear to me what to do re work.

Just need a plan.

Working it out my friend
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Tandem respectfully acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands and waters of Australia. Tandem is committed to working in partnership with Aboriginal communities to support the principles of self-determination, and ensure the voices of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander carers in Victoria are heard and considered.