cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Life After Bushfires

nashy
Senior Contributor

New here? Find out how to start connecting

To get started, have a look at the discussions, feel free to comment or click to support  posts. Reply and tell us what brought you to the forums. We have some really great people within the community who love sharing their stories and helping others, so feel free to ask any questions!

If you want to share your experience of bushfire recovery, here’s how:

• Click Here
  • Click the ‘New Discussion’ Button
  • Type in a subject title
  • Share your story
  • Then click post!

We also have a discussion here called Rebuilding after the fires // share your story, if you’d like to join an existing thread.

Welcome again to Life After Bushfires, we’re truly glad to have you here.
Unsure what to say in your first post? Tell us 3 random facts about you, or the best thing you’ve done for your mental health since the fires.

See you on the forums,

Nashy

Community Manager

24 REPLIES 24

Re: Welcome to Life After Bushfires - Online Community

Hey! I am @nashy and I work here at SANE 🙂 

I think this forum is really important as the impact of bushfires can be both immediate and long term Heart

My random facts Smiley Very Happy

1. I was a recurring extra on Wentworth

2. I grew up in NZ but am Melbourne born!

3. My Nan and Pop once owned a sheep farm in regional Vic. It was affected by a horrible fire back in the 90s and the rebuild was a community effort, slowly but surely we got there Heart

Hello!

I'm a new Community Bushfire Ambassador (I think that's the title haha) with SANE.

Three random facts:

1. I'm a published author
2. I once made it through the first round of the X-factor
3. I'm also currently recording an EP! 

Excited to hear from others 🙂

Whoaaa @YouAreNotAlone Your three random facts are immensely cool Smiley Very Happy

Keen to hear more about this EP! First round of X-Factor!! What was it like? Heart

Welcome to our community @YouAreNotAlone  🙂 

Hello @YouAreNotAlone , @nashy , @BPDSurvivor , @outlander 

😀💜

Hello I am a Community  Guide for Sane forum for the last 4 years 

3 random facts

1. I am self employed 

2  I had made it to the Masters  

3. Being through lots of cyclones  

Thanks @nashy

There were a few rounds before you made it to TV, so most of the day was just waiting around. I waited for like 8 hours to sing? And there was allegedly a second round but I didn't make it through. That's okay! But it was super dissalutioning: they let people who aren't great through on purpose basically to just laugh at them on TV.
Definitely an experience, but I'm not sure I'll be doing it again haha.

My 3 random facts

1. I live with 7 cats

2. I've done a TED talk

3. I'm a huge fan of 1980s pop sensations Bucks Fizz, who are still going strong today - 40 years on as The Fizz 

@Fizz  That's super exciting you've done a Ted Talk! How was that?

Hello Nashy and Everyone

I'm really pleased to be taking part in this forum as an Ambassador.  This is the second time I have personally been through a bushfire threat - the first time was 10 years ago!

I can't think of any 'interesting' facts about me except maybe that I am pretty old and just finished a university degree this year which has been a goal for me for a long time 🙂  I also recently became a mental health Peer Worker after working in IT support for quite a while.  The picture of the frangipanis in my profile is from my garden which I am so proud to have grown!

I am looking forward to hearing about people's experiences and sharing some of my own 🙂

Frangipani1

I just love TED talks, I've learnt so much from them!

New to the

Life After Bushfires Forum?

Chat to people

who have been through it

Register To Connect

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Life After Bushfire Resources:

Tandem respectfully acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands and waters of Australia. Tandem is committed to working in partnership with Aboriginal communities to support the principles of self-determination, and ensure the voices of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander carers in Victoria are heard and considered.